GDO blaQ - Liftmaster 880LM wall button

My GDO blaQ is clobbering my 880LM wall button. I followed the issue threads and everything working a few versions ago, but didn’t notice which update caused this behavior. Running HA 2024.7.4, ESPHome 2024.7.2.

HA opens and closes correctly. No errant openings or closings. Wall button screen says “Press the push bar to activate control”. I push it, it flashes a few times, and returns to the error message. If I manually change to Security +1.0, the wall button works as expected, but the GDO no longer operates the door.

There is a known issue with older revisions of the 880LM wall button. See this thread: Issue thread (GDO blaq): Chamberlain HD930EV / Round Yellow Button

The solution is to replace the 880LM with one that was manufactured after 2017. There should be a date code printed on the back of the 880LM, and I suspect yours is one of the older ones from 2014~2016 that for whatever reason are incompatible.

Thanks Nate. I’ll replace the wall buttons and report back here.

I have a LiftMaster with yellow button with an 880LMW wall controller that quit working after working well with GDO blaQ for several months. blaQ has been working great with HomeSeer. The 880LMW has a date of 02/17. The LCD reads temperature and I can scroll through the menu to change things, but I cannot control the garage door or the lights. Has something gone bad on the 880LMW? Thanks.

Hmm. I haven’t heard this one before. I would suggest temporarily disconnecting the GDO blaQ from the circuit with the wall button and see if that changes anything.

Thanks. I will give this a try.

Problem is fixed. So, removing the GDO blaQ connection did not fix the problem. What did fix the problem and inadvertently, was turning off the power to LiftMaster and turning it back on. I had to turn off the circuit breaker for the garage to replace a Z-Wave switch. After turning the power back on, the wall controller for the LiftMaster became functional again.

1 Like

Replacing the 880LM’s with new units fixed this issue. Frustrating knowing that one version of the blaQ firmware worked with these wall buttons. But having this working perfectly for $110 (I have 2) is great.

Thanks.