SmartThings Android app: Unable to link Konnected with SmartThings [viperError]

I am trying to link Konnected with the SmartThing android app.

I found the Konnected brand and when I push the Next button, it takes me to c2c-us.smartthing.com, but the site gives me this error:

{“viperError”:“missing_required_query_parameters”,“errorCode”:“Z9LFGZ”}

and won’t let me continue. I provisioned all the Konnected panels (3) and set up the zones. I am able to integrate with Alexa correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

This sounds like a SmartThings app or cloud problem. “Viper” is a codename for one of SmartThings internal systems. I haven’t seen this before. Try exiting the ST app maybe, clear cache, and try again?

If you still can’t get it to work, please email me directly and I will open a ticket with SmartThings partner support.

I used my iPad and downloaded the SmartThings app. From there I was able to link Konnected to SmartThings. I then was able to use the android app to set up my alarm sensors.

I don’t know if it was my android phone or the android app that was causing the problem but at least I was able to get it to work.

Thanks Nate for your help.

Good to know. I just had another customer report the same issue. Also on Android. He provided this screenshot.

1 Like

I am having this same issue on both my android devices.

1 Like

I know this is an important issue and seems to be affecting all Android users who are trying to link SmartThings to Konnected for the first time. We have a ticket open with SmartThings partner support, and they have acknowledged the issue:

From SmartThings (2024-07-03):

Our engineering team has successfully replicated the issue and is currently investigating it. We understand the urgency and are working diligently to resolve it as quickly as possible. I will provide you with updates as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kindest Regards,
Luis
SmartThings Developer Support

I will attempt to get an update today, and will update this thread as we learn more.

In the meantime, if you have an iOS device, the workaround is to use an iOS device to do the initial account linking, and then you can use your SmartThings Android app normally.

I got a similar “Viper” error on my Android phone (Galaxy S21) It was very difficult to read because the text was so small. I played around on my iPad as recommended above and it looks like I now have the Smartthings app and Konnected linked now. The Konnected app shows the Alarm Panel Pro, but I can’t figure out how to add it on the Smartthings app.

Tom

1 Like

Tap Settings and enable Konnected cloud. Then Save, build and follow the steps in the app to update the firmware.

Hi Nate,

Thank you for responding. Initially I was trying to setup and talk to SimpleThings with no zones configured. It seemed like I still had problems when I did another firmware build with one zone. I finally configured it with two zones (still no wires attached) and now I see the devices in SimpleThings.

I’ve never used SimpleThings before, so I was surprised that the individual zones is what shows up as devices. I was expecting the Konnected Panel Pro to be a single “device”. So I guess you would need at least one zone configured in the Konnected software before SimpleThings will see a device. Is that correct?

I’m looking forward to getting my board configured. I have been staring at the hardware the builder placed in my house for years (but I didn’t want to pay the subscription). Your hardware/software seems perfect!

Is SimpleThings a good choice or should I be considering some of the other options?

It’s not clear to me how to post a photo in this message. Does a copy/paste work?

Tom

Here is image from SimpleThings showing the two zones (devices).

Hi @Thomas_Yunghans
It looks like you’re on the right track!
It’s SmartThings not SimpleThings :wink:

Yes I recommend SmartThings as the “easy option” to get started. It’s free to use and easy to understand. If that leaves you wanting more you can always try out another platform.

Latest update from SmartThings support:

Unfortunately, there is no news yet, the engineering team keeps investigating the root cause.

:disappointed_relieved:

I have this same problem… I haven’t found a workaround.

Right now the only workaround is to use an iPhone/iPad instead of Android. I’ve escalated this within my contacts at SmartThings and they’re hopefully starting to take it more seriously now.

Latest reply from ST partner support:

There is a ticket about the Android OAuth issue, however it is an internal ticket between engineers that I cannot add any users too. The issue is being worked on currently and will hopefully have a fix soon. Konnected isn’t the only company being affected by the issue as other users are reporting onboarding issues with other cloud connected partners as well.

Unfortunately there isn’t another way to link a cloud account to a SmartThings account other than iOS or Android.

Sounds like they are working on it and unfortunately all we can do is wait. :grimacing:
Sorry guys

1 Like

Hello new customer here same problem don’t own any apple products what can I do?

Been waiting and hoping for a month. Still not working on smartthings. Either i wasted $300 or i buy an iphone. I don’t know.

We are waiting and just as annoyed as you. I’m following up with SmartThings every few days and they just keep saying that the developers are working on it. I will continue to post any updates here.

Hello you advised to linked the Board tru an IOS for initial setup and then could go back to an android well that didn’t work here are my screenshots and couldn’t use ethernet on the board when I disable wifi and update on firmware the ethernet wont work just getting frustrated what is your policies on returning and or warranty?

Samsung fold 5 same issue.