SmartThings Android app: Unable to link Konnected with SmartThings [viperError]

I bought the BlaQ model during the recent Prime Day sale. Installed, upgraded firmware, and was able to connect to Amazon Alexa and got that working. Smartthings via the partnered device setup fails. I get this error after I hit “Next” in my phone’s browser that pops up. It

{
“viperError”: “missing_required_query_parameters”,
“errorCode”: “6S3M8U8”
}

URL where that occurs from the SmartThings app:

https://c2c-us.smartthings.com/oauth/callback?error_description=invalid_scope&state=eyJhbGciOiJIUzM4NCJ9.ODc2ZDdhNDUtZWIzMC00ZDQ2LWJhM2EtMjllNjViNjUzOTI1OnZpcGVyXzdjZmZlMDcwLTIyMGItMTFlYS05N2VlLTc1MDQ5Y2ZkN2NkZjoxNzIyMTkxNTM2Mzk4OmMwZWEwYmY3LTA2NDAtNDg5OC05M2IwLTlmNjYyMDJiYjU4Mzplbi1VUzo6OnRydWU.Sshpo8JVY1tGxKDzHouYIu0qvJsk1qDdt1zT6GAuGOGsa9IdAwMgAR8H1B8bWLAp&error=invalid_request

I sent in a ticket middle of last week with no response.

New Konnected Customer so I had the same thing could not link tru android was advised to use iphone or ipad just for the initial linked but then it displayed not connected so not sure whats going on.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Any word on a fix yet? My devices all dropped offline so I disconnected from ST to troubleshoot now I cannot link my accounts again.

Latest update from SmartThings today – looks like things are moving at least!

I just checked in on the issue and it looks like the fix is in production. I don’t see an ETA but I will be watching it closely and will let you know when it’s completed.

Sorry it’s taking so long. This is a unique issue that is showing its face with multiple partners but slightly different per partner. For instance, with Konnected it’s an issue on Android with the OAuth but for another partner, the issue is an OAuth issue within iOS.

If you have some customers that would like to create a ticket, they definitely can. However my team is the team that Tier 3 support reaches out to for these kinds of issues so likely the ticket will land in my queue and the user will get the same response I am telling you. We have already gotten a ticket about the Konnected OAuth issue and I forwarded it onto our engineering team.

Another update from my contact at SmartThings:

Thank you for the explanation! I understand the frustration that Konnected customers are facing with the SmartThings integration being down. I had a meeting today with one of the engineers spearheading the issue and it sounds like they are testing the solution currently. If everything passes, the fix could be rolled out this week!

I will keep an eye on it and let you know when the fix goes live.

Thank you for your patience on this!

1 Like

Mine just finally allowed me to connect it to my Konnected account in SmartThings. However, minutes later it still says the device hasn’t updated Smartthings yet when I go to the device in SmartThings.

Having the same issue

I just tried this again and the issue appears to be fixed!!
I was able to complete the link on my Android SmartThings app.

everyone @here – please try linking Konnected again via the Android app (if you haven’t already used the workaround) and let us know if it’s working for you.

1 Like

I re-added and was able to open and close my door, but the updates to status are very slow. I closed the door successfully several minutes ago and SmartThings still says “Closing”.

EDIT: Stuck in “Closing” an hour later.
EDIT 2: Hitting the smartthings button a couple of time caused it to update state. Not sure if it will recur.

Worked perfectly on my android phone for the first time - as I am a new customer. Thank you Nate for chasing the Smarthings folks to get this problem corrected.

Is there a list of specific, troubleshooting steps when the above doesn’t work? My Konnected has been dormant and now trying to get it back online.

I’m stuck at the ‘connect to wifi’ step. Konnected et al is not appearing on my list of wifi networks.

I tried with and without mesh network, resetting wifi board and emptying app cache. Thank in advance for any guidance.