False Alarms?

I believe that David Parsons is referring to the potentiometers on the Alarm Panel INTERFACE board (our newest product that works in parallel with an existing alarm panel). This doesn't apply to the Konnected Alarm Panel conversion kit product.

Guillermo -- are your windows on that zone wired in series? You should only have ONE wire in each zone.

Rich -- the Konnected device isn't "smart" enough to time an open/close. Each state change event is independent of any other and is simply relayed to the home automation controller (SmartThings in your case). So there's no capability on the device at this time to measure the time that a door was open and then closed -- or even know if it was a door for that matter.

Hi Nate, thanks for the quick reply. That zone also had the backyard door. When installing Konnected I separated the door from the rest and left all windows in series as it was originally. The strange thing is that I opened the window at around noon and the false triggers did not start until after 3:30pm.

The false triggers only happen when a sensor is open in that zone.

Sorry to hear that Nate. Hopefully if there's a 2.0 version of the device it might offer something in this area. While on that, I'd love it if we could access it via a web interface to get feedback, data, etc., and to do updates more easily.

No other possible troubleshooting tips for my issue? I open an of the windows on that one zone, all seems fine and I get the Open window initial message. Then randomly I get close, open triggers. That keeps happening until I close the window. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. And yes, it is only one wire for that zone, all windows set in series. Thanks

I'm still struggling with this issue in one zone only, with only 3 out of 5 windows, I already made sure they are in series and all connections are properly made. Any other suggestion? The five windows are split into 2 wire pairs  coming into the board which I connected in series. 1 pair for the 3 windows with the issue, and the other with only 2 windows with no problem. I hope this makes sense. Before Konnected this one zone also had a door, which I separated into its own zone.

Just checking back into this thread as I recently had the same issue occur. Left the window open last night and history shows that this morning, the contact was briefly registered as closed and then open again. Set off the alarm around 5AM.

@Benjamin Yang. I had to replace the Konnected module, but before I did that I tryied moving things around to make sure it was that particular connection on the Konnected board. It was a failure in the Konnected board, but when calling them they sent me a replacement right away.

Thanks Guillermo, I didn't think about it being an issue with the board itself since I had some of these problems right out of the box.

I will try and update the software first and determine which zones, if any, can replicate this problem reliability. Will update this when I can in case anyone else is having similar issues.

I am still having the issue.

So I am having the issue as well. I just got everything set up and armed my system for the first time. It was tripping about every 3-5 minutes. However it was JUST in smarthings. It’s not actually open and setting my actual home alarm off but since the SHM is armed it’s sending me a billion alerts when I’m away, making it kinda worthless. I don’t think it’s sensor issues because those set off the actual alarm, it’s something in the app?

Any ideas?

So I have had Konnected for 1.5 years with no issues using four NodeMCU modules. I have had them setup through the classic app with a SmartThings hub until Samsung recently discontinued the classic app. I have switched them to the konnected cloud and am using the new smartthings app with smart home
Monitor. Last night I had my first false intrusion alarm. So I got home from a buddies house at around 10:45 pm. I went upstairs to bed at 10:55 pm and armed my system stay. At 11:21 pm my piezo went off and it indicated a garage entry door intrusion. I grabbed my handy 9mm and went downstairs. The garage entry door was still locked and I didn’t find anyone. I went back upstairs and laid back down. As I was looking at the sensor list it was showing active motion in my family room. So I went back downstairs and double checked everything and again found nobody. So looking at the history of the garage entry door it never showed when I came through at 10:45. The motion also never showed when I walked through at 10:45. It seems as though those signals reported with a delay and that’s why the alarm activated at 11:21 pm. Anybody have any ideas how to fix that? It’s not good for the ol ticker when this happens.

I think that it might be a tuning thing. I dialed mine back a lil bit and had my daughter still open and shut it. However, I just did this last night so i havent really had a chance to test it 

I received an email that this issue was resolved.  How was it resolved?  They asked me to send a pic o my unit.  I wish they would just look up my name to see what I bought.  The system is still connected but I do not use it because of false alarms.

I dialed back the lil screw things on the board a bit more and it works flawless now

They are called potentiometer's .  I do not have the board in front of me but I do not think it has one.

Yes, well on the interface boards at least. It’s next to the orange lights where the alarm panel jumpers go. I dialed those back a lil and it works perfectly now

I've had my board since April 2019 and I get the false alarms on Zone 2.  I've been getting them since I had the board.  They did clear up over the summer but they are back now.  I have the alarm panel ESP8266 and the latest firmware  app v2.3.5/fw v2.3.0.

All other zones work fine.  It didn't happen all summer and I thought it was licked via firmware updates.

I was asked to send a pic of my device.  Here it is.  It does not have potentiometers 

I moved the circuit to a Raspberry PI GPIO hat and I have the same problem so I can eliminate the Konnected board as the issue.  There are two switches in zone 2 so I will split them up on the PI hat and wait it out to see what switch is bad.