ESPHome Error connecting

I currently have my Alarm Panel Pro connected in HA with ESPHome and it is working.

I added one of my new blaQ GDO’s and it was working but I wanted to make some changes so I removed it from ESPHome in HA.

Now when I try to add it or my second blaQ GDO I get the following error.

“Can’t connect to ESP. Please make sure your YAML file contains an ‘api:’ line.”

Any help on where to look or what to change would be appreciated.

Did you change the firmware on the device? Are you adding it by IP address under the ESPhome integration in HA?

Double-check the IP address if you’re adding it manually. You can also use the Konnected app to find it and confirm that it’s online.

You can always re-flash it with the latest stock firmware at install.konnected.io and start over.

I was able to flash them from install.konnected.io but if I make a change in the app like rename the device and flash it via the app it will no longer connect via ESPHome in HA.

I can go to the IP of each device, see the setting and even send the commands from it.

Currently I have them running with just the default flash but now I am concerned that I will not be able to flash them with future updates without connecting a USB cable.

Are you still having trouble with this. As long as the hostname doesn’t change it should reconnect to HA regardless of the method of updating.

If you enable encryption in the settings in the Konnected app, then you will need to copy/paste that encryption key into HA so it can reconnect.

I am able to update over WiFi via the app now.