Alexa voice command to open garage not working GDO blaQ

From Canada here. Installed GDO blaQ to my Liftmaster Pro opener (purple button). Installed blaQ on the wall switch panel (easy). I can open and close the door in Smartthings, but Alexa will not let me open the door using voice commands. Alexa DOES let me check on the status, and close the door, but not open.
Anyone else having this issue? Tech support asked me to post on this community website.

hi @PAUL_ZAMPERIN – for security Alexa may require a voice code to open the garage door. In the Alexa app, go to Settings > Device Settings > Garage Door (or whatever you named it).

There should be a toggle to enable Open by Voice. After enabling, you will need to set a 4-digit voice code that Alexa will ask for to confirm opening the door.

Let us know if this did it!

Hello Nate,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the issue persists. You will note that I do not have an option or a toggle that allows me to open by voice when I go into settings. I have contacted Amazon Alexa tech support, and they indicated that this is a Konnected software issue. I have uninstalled and installed both the Konnected app, and Alexa several times. I’ve tried flashing the blaQ devise, installing firmware several times, still not able to open - or have the option to open.

Can you be more specific about what specific the “software issue” is?

Can you share a screenshot of the Garage Door device settings screen in the Konnected app (like the one in my reply above)?

Can you also share your device ID so I can check out back-end for any errors reported by Alexa.

I found this thread from 2021 on Amazon’s community forum that seems to indicate that opening a garage door is a restricted feature in Canada. I have no idea why or if this is still the case, but it may very well be the reason for your trouble.

I would take whatever Amazon support says with a grain of salt. They’re notorious for non-answers and being generally unhelpful.