Compatible with DSC800 Old Alarm Panel

Hi guys, came here just to say thanks, great product, I was expecting a nightmare when I saw the old DSC800 alarm panel wire entanglement and resistors, but I only need to trace the zones, common and the siren wires and that was it!!..everything else to the trash, the integration into HA was super easy and is already integrated into “Alarmo” control panel in HA, all my old but trusty wire sensors fully working!, it was super easy!..

I purchase a local backup/miniups battery since the official one can’t be send it to Chile, but’s ok, there are simillar to those and cheap too…

The backup battery can also provide 5v for a cheap wifi tuya “smart alarm” (they can work with tuya and locatuya in HA too), …just to avoid a big screen in case you wan to keep something small as in my case…those panels are also a nice upgrade over the old keypads and the wiring to the back panel is already there so the replacement is very simple…

.I though about make the konnected board parallel to the old DSC system, but they are really old and primitives to program, so better to just replace it

One thing that I wonder, is if there is anyway to program some logic inside the konnected board itself?..I would like to have some basic “if this sensor then siren On”, which will work even if HA or all the other systems fails or are shutdown…

Great product, thank again!

Mauricio

…forgot to mention, but there was a lot of DSC systems installed from late 90’s to probably way on thw 2010’s here in Chile, at least in the south part, there was kind of only 1 telco and they pretty much use those systems exclusively,…

Thanks for sharing your install experience! I am unsure if you can directly program logic on the board, maybe @nate can confirm?

Thanks for the positive review.
BLU/STORE in Chile is now stocking Konnected. Be sure to tell your friends.

1 Like