Is this Alarm System Compatible?

Hi Gents, Glad to know its working well for you. 

My understanding is you guys have managed to see the alarm status (armed or disarmed) by programming SW+ output to option 1 (Set Positives) but what about is alarm triggered or not? I think Andy was trying to use bell output, any luck Andy?

I would really appreciate your responses. 

Syed, I’m no expect but the system does work. I’m going from memory now as l left my house 2 months ago, and not due back for another couple.
I didn’t use the bell output. I wired according to the diagram given but obviously adapting for the Veritas wiring. My biggest problem was formatting the Konnected and Smartthings apps. I just got lost setting them up! I can turn on/off the alarm remotely.
I also used the Konnected help line via email and the guy was very patient with me.
The only problem I do have is the alarm turns itself off after several hours. I think this maybe because I have the momentary switch set to manual (I think) as apposed to the other option. This has to be changed via the Konnected app which has to be on the same WiFi as the system. As I’m still away I can’t change this. I also have two remote cameras in the house which will notify me of an intruder so the issue with alarm turning itself off isn’t a big problem at the moment.
If anyone else had this same problem and rectified it I love to know!

Hi guys
Sorry for late reply.
Yes all is working well.

1. Set and unset via keyswitch zone, in Konnected app zone is set to Switch (NOT momentary)
  2. Alarm status, set as a door contact sensor in Konnected app shows “open” when alarm is set.
  3. Alarm triggered, using bell output, also set as door contact sensor in Konnected app but must also be “inverse” to show as open when alarm is triggered.

Currently using SmartThings app automations for custom notifications, however, I’m not overly keen on this as most of my smart home is via apple homekit. So hoping for a homebridge-Konnected plugin to sync that all up nicely, which is in the pipeline.

Great, Thank you Paul and Andy for the responses, really appreciated.

@Andy - for the Bell output I am assuming your are using "Bell+" connection and inversing it in the Konnected app to show as open when alarm is triggered?

I’m just using the one labelled “bell”. Not my photo but shown with the green wire.

Hi Andy, sorry, could clarify how do you get alarm status? Is it a connection on Veritas board that needs to be reprogrammed?

You will need to know the Engineer code (default = 1234).

1. Enter the 4 digit Engineer code into the remote keypad – 1234
  2. Press PROG
  3. Enter 08
  4. Enter 1
  5. Press PROG

And connect a Konnected zone to SW+ pin. Program in app as door sensor.

Great, Thank you Andy, much appreciated.

Hi Gents,
One more question please, I have four PIR sensors, one keypad and one outside siren & strobe, I am assuming they all are powering through the Aux output from the Texecom V8 board. Fuse size for Aux power is 500mA on Texecom board so just wondering when I connect Konnected kit to aux would it overload the system (konnected kit will use around 200mA)?
Keypad is around 85mA but I don’t know about PIR sensors and for outside siren and strobe.
Your advise will be really appreciated.

Syed, I’d imagine ur all sorted by now! But if not I have similar and no issues with powering everything.

BIG PROBLEM- I have everything wired up and Konnected/ Smartthings apps loaded. Alarm will turn on/off via Smartthings. Alarm will activate if triggered.
So all should be good!
However the alarm turns itself off!! Andy said to set as Switch and not Momentary in Konnected app, and Konnected help desk say set as M/switch. Doesn’t work either way…alarm still switches off. Anytime between 1-7 hrs.
Wifi connection was v poor so I moved the router, and now at 92-96% strength. No change.
Any ideas anyone!!!

Hi Paul, Yes all working through smartthings, I can see when alarm is triggered or not, Alarm status i.e. armed or disarmed.

Regarding setting the alarm through the smartthings as Andy advised I set to the switch instead of momentary switch and I was having the exact same problem like yours i.e. whenever konnected board restarts, it unset/disarmed the alarm because relay just close the circuit which was opened when alarm was set and it would behave this way with the switch only.

I do have Texecom/Vertias R8 alarm, according to installation manual there is no way to set keyswitch zone to momentary but I was reading the manual of R8 plus and it does have momentary option for the keyswitch zone so I just tried that option through the panel of my R8 and I managed to set to the momentary, just lucky I think because it wasn't mentioned as I said in the manual of R8.

To set keyswitch to momentary - enter engineer code then press prog, then type 03 followed by 6 and then press prog, it would beep if setting is successful.

I didn't face any issues after setting to momentary in alarm and also in konnected app, Konnected board still restarts after few hours but it does not reset/disarm the alarm anymore. Happy Days.         

Syed, many thanks! I’ll give it a try tomorrow, and to think I’d almost given up hope. I’ll let you know if it’s Happy Days in Norwich as well!!
Cheers

All the best Paul, fyi I am using delay settings of 2000ms in Konnected app for momentary switch.

Syed, thanks for your input!
Changed the settings as per your instructions and the alarm turns on/off as required. Happy days it is! Alarm works …
However, I suppose because it’s set to momentary switch as supposed to switch I cannot check whether the system is armed or not. To activate the alarm I press the key switch on ST. It will show the alarm activated briefly and then off. To deactivate the alarm I have to set the key switch on. It then shows off. Checking the key switch history it does show on/off and on/off. But I know the alarm has stayed armed between those times. Is this his it is for you? Certainly with the key switch set to switch you know when the alarm is on/off and the history tells you when. I’m going to send this info across to the Konnected help desk to see if they can enlighten me!

Hi Paul, Glad to know its working for.
Regarding Alarm staus i.e. armed or disarmed , please use SW+ status from the alarm panel and use it as a door sensor in konnected app to see if alarm is armed or disarmed in ST.
Please see the Andy’s suggestion on the previous posts, I followed those and I can see alarm is armed or not.

Paul, please see the attached screenshots of my ST and konnected app, hope it will help you.

Thanks Syed. I’ve only got sensors but it’s a similar set up. Unfortunately I’m laid up at the mo with a back issue. Not impressed!! I think your right and the problem lies with the SW+ on the alarm, but it’ll have to wait. From memory I don’t think I used the SW+ connector on the board.

Hi Syed, thanks for bearing with me! My K and ST apps I believe are set correctly. SW+ is set to positive on the control panel. What I haven’t done, as I wired the alarm system as per manual, is use the SW+ wire connection on the board. I get the feeling I should be using this!! I’ve attached my wiring of the board. If I read everything correctly the white is correct but the green wire goes to SW+
I’ve used a connector block to consolidate my wires, hence only single wires leading onto the board connectors.

You are welcome Paul. Yes it will be a single wire from SW+ to the konnected interface board on one of the zone, you need to set it as door sensor in konnected app and you would be able to see alarm status on ST.

Syed, your my hero!! Did exactly as you said and all works. My garage is the point of entry and with 3 entry points a motion sensor was the only way forward. So I’d never have thought to change the K app garage zone from a motion sensor to door sensor. Thanks again.
All the best
Paul