Backup internet solution

In the beginning of this thread, you said "Smartthings uses very little data so I never get close to the 500MB level even if my internet out for a couple of days."  

Do you estimate Smartthings would exceed 500MB in used data for an entire month?  In other words, why not use the Netgear 4G LTE Modem for Smartthings only and keep everything else in you house on your default modem/router? That way there would never be the need to switch over.

I appreciate your feedback!  Thx.

My setup uses about 2MB of data a day.  As you suggested I only use the Netgear LTE modem for Smartthings only with a separate router. set is : main router > LTE modem > second router > smartthings Hub 

The konnected board stays on your main router though right ? I assume it just needs local access for all of it to work right?

I had abandoned the project and went on the trip I had bought the failover for and came back to an intact system so didn’t prioritize it again since I was no closer to solving the issue.

No,  the Konnected board is connected to secondary router as well as the wall panels (if you are using any). I have a UPS for the Netgear modem , secondary router and Smartthings Hub.  That way if the power and the main  internet goes out, the entire system is still functioning.

I was actually wondering if I could utilize the Freedom Pop free 500MB plan  and the Netgear 4G LTE modem solely for a Smartthings hub and Konnected.  Provided the free 500MB was adequate for remote monitoring?

Satisfies the data usage that Freedom Pop apparently tracks to keep the account active while staying beneath the 500MB threshold.

Obviously, data usage depends on many factors such as video, etc. But would Freedom Pop be sufficient for alerts from and remote activation of Konnected devices alone?

Ahmed and Jason,

Any luck getting the FreedomPop SIM working with the LB2120?  I'm not able to connect to the LTE network.  I bought the SIM directly from FP so it's active (I tried activating anyway and it said it was active).  I have the LB2120 set up in Bridge mode which is working fine, but looking at the status, it says it cannot connect to the mobile network.  Any thoughts?

Based on reading through this thread, this is the arrangement I am planning on. From those with experience, does it look like the the right set up to provide fallback lte connection for the security devices only, but not other high bandwidth uses? Thanks!