Vista 20p with Interface setup

Hey everyone, I had everything working for a week or so and then upgraded HASSIO to latest version of .90.1 and now I no longer have all of my switches working in Home Assistant. I have Arm Away, but nothing else. Any ideas?

switches:  

- zone: out

name: 'Arm Away'

momentary: 1000

name: 'Arm Stay'

momentary: 3000

name: 'Disarm'

momentary: 1000

Just checking, anyone else have this problem after upgrading HASSIO?

Yes - I'm having same issue starting to look for solution.    Also looking starting to look into using LED for status to give more detail status for Automation of alarm panel sync.   Anyone with programs to help?

LED indications are defined as follows:

Green Red             Meaning

Off       Off                Disarmed & Not Ready

On       Off                 Disarmed & Ready

Off       On                  Steady Armed Away

Off      Slow Flash    Armed Stay

Off Rapid Flash         Alarm Memory

This great guide has me 90% of the way to what I want to accomplish with my Vista 20p, Konnected board and Hubitat and sharptools. I wired my 6 zones exactly as described in the guide and programmed my vista in the same manner.  There were some challenges with Hubitat's use of buttons,  switches and contact sensors

Issue #1

I'm only able to trigger an arm signal to the Vista panel via the Konnected momentary switch. As you know the Vista uses two separate delay times for arm away/arm home. How has anyone overcome this if possible at all with a single 6 zone board and one relay?

Issue #2

This is more habitat/sharptools specifc but since zones 1 and 6 for alarm status are contact sensors the tile icon in shaptools is a simple open/closed. It doesn't look very elegant to display alarm status as open or closed. 

Can someone please post a video or detail instructions on how to connect and integrate with Smarthings successfully?
Thank you very much.

I have Vista 15P with 6 zones, can you please advice optional keyswitch zone to connect as I don't have Zone 7?

I have Vista 15P with 6 zones, can you please advice optional keyswitch zone to connect as I don't have Zone 7?

Same

I used Zone 5 for key switch. You can use any zone from 2 to 6. Use a zone extender to replace existing zone 5 or rewire one existing zone like connect 5 and 6 and make one zone available for keyswitch.

@dave

I really appreciate your diagram. One thing I found is that you can combine the armed-away and armed stay triggers on the same programmable output if you just want to have armed or disarmed states.  The  output programming was:

1.     2 - 20 - 0 - 2 - 17 (arm stay)

2.     2 - 21 - 0 - 2 - 17 (arm away)

3.     2 - 22 - 0 - 0 - 17 (disarm)

I did this because I am trying to figure out how to tell if the alarm has been triggered. I tried programming:

4.     2 - 33 - 0 - 2 - 18 (any burglary alarm)

5.     2 - 39 - 0 - 2 - 18 (any fire alarm)

6.     2 - 22 - 0 - 0 - 18 (disarming)

Am I missing something? This does not seem to work.

Also, the best solution I have found for triggering the alarm is changing to a switch and turning it on for 1 second and then turning it off. Not very slick, but at least it works!

Finally, why did you place the resistor on the common (lo) wire from the relay (19). All of my other resistors are on the other (hi) terminal (11, 12, 14, 15...).

Has anyone figured out a way to use the Interface board with the zone doubling feature of the Vista 20p?

@ David Parsons Could you take some multi-meter reading across each of your zones for me please. I have the 15p I believe as i dont have any connectors on 18,19 and 20. On zone 1 of my system I have two door sensors wired together in series and the voltage output on that zone is 13v while my other double sensor zone is 3.73v and another at the same voltage and then i have one at 6.02v. Last thing i want to do is hook up my esp8266 NodeMCU pins to any one of those and fry my board. Thanks for your guys help and efforts.

Hi Martin. Please give me a ring tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do to help. (425) 879-0848. Pacific time zone.

Hi
I’m having issues setting up the interface board with a relay.

I managed to setup the interface board, addon board with the vista20p. I can see the different sensors in smartthings and konnected app. I can turn my relay on and off.
The relay is connected to zone 7 of the vista20p with a 2k resistor as per instructions.

I connected output 18 to zone 6 of interface and output 17 to zone 4.

I programmed zone 7 in *56 for the switch. I did the *79 and 80 programming.
I can’t seem to be able to activate system in smartthings. What are the next steps.

I’ve attached pics of my setup

Giuseppe, I would try my vista integrations smart app, it helped simplify things:

https://github.com/tailg8nj/konnected-vista-integrations

Although I will say, be sure your wifi connection is good. I wound up scrapping this configuration because it turns out the chip sends a blip of a high signal to the relay on boot, which causes a key switch fault to register on the 20p. Mine would reboot often and made it annoying. Its a known issue with D0. See  https://rabbithole.wwwdotorg.org/2017/03/28/esp8266-gpio.html

Typo, D8.

Hi Peter,

I managed to activate the system through the app. I activate the relay switch and the the system activates.

However I don’t seem to be able to get the arm and disarm functions to work on the app.

When I change the relay from momentary to the konnected relay switch and add it in the integration app it doesn’t work.

I can’t even activate the switch.

@Francis Glaser , did you ever get the programming for output 18 to alert when alarm triggers?

I have been using Konnected Alarm Panel INTERFACE for wired security systems with Honeywell Vista system. It has been working great for almost 2 years with old smarthings app. Recently the old smarthings app suggested to migrate to new Smarthings app and I migrated all. Now it is not working with new smarthings app. It says 2 sensors open the Armed Away and Armed Stay. Please advice.

Thank you.

Any one lucky connecting to new Smarthings app?

I just wanted to say thanks to David Parsons - used the doc to tie in my Vista 21ip to the interface board with alarm stay/away statuses.  I started with the *80 figuring the *79 defaulted to 0, but I found I still had to program the *79 in.

Maybe one day I will get to the relay for arming & disarming, but that's for another time.

Thanks again.