Ethernet Port. First Post on the board!

As soon as this is added I am buying the kit - I have a newly-moved-into house to wire up. I also want a hardcoded (GPIO?) keypad, so that I’m not depending on the temperament of a tablet or such, to put in my alarm code or turn off the alarm.

Just another vote - I am continuing with my dumb alarm until a wired system is available.  I am also hoping there are additional monitoring options - not sure I'm completely comfortable relying on ST cloud availability as opposed to straight tcpip connectivity to some service provider.

Another vote here for wired Ethernet. My alarm panel is two feet from my networking panel. Having the option would be great as a replacement board. I understand why WiFi was considered first.

While I am here - huge thumbs-up for Konnected overall!! Easily was able to reuse two, existing wired door sensors, a wired motion sensor, and planning to do a siren and chime. 

I am hoping the developer will chime in with the feasibility of a version with wired ethernet, and a loose estimate of timetable. I am reupping my current alarm monitoring contract but I have the option of 1, 2 or 3 years.  If wired isn't happening in the foreseeable future I'll do 3 years but I'd love to have the option to go with Konnected ... wireless is a definite non-starter though, as another poster mentioned, we didn't spend countless dollars getting our homes wired just to put in that last couple feet of wireless weak point.

I'm a plus 1 on Ethernet, thought I bought anyway.  My panel is side by side with my comms network which has a 16 port switch. So much easier to just plug it in;  ok, harder for Konnected.  I use a wired, managed, router and three APs which are all POE. As a result, it's lot harder for me to have battery backup for my wifi since they all use 120V for the port injector.

But, here's the flip side....My power goes out maybe once a year. What are the odds of someone robbing me during that exact time period.  AND, if it's a planned attack then I figure the attacker would be cutting the cable line into the house at the same time they are killing the power.  So, battery backup is not really helpful in my scenario without an LTE backup connection as well.  So, I'm gonna settle for a 99% solution for about $300 bucks (to start) and skip the 99.9% solution for $1000 + monthly charges.

So much yes in here!

My 3 thumbs up for this feature.  My house is wired with network cable and much prefer a hard connection compared to wireless.  Makes it all too easy to use a 2.4ghz jammer.

Gonna continue to use my old wired system until a wired konnected solution is presented.

This seems to be one of the most popular discussions regarding the whole project - was there any official word on whether or not this is being worked on, and timescale etc?

My vote for this feature

This is a must have. It's the only thing stopping me from purchasing hundreds of these for a large project.

Ethernet would be a slam dunk for this product. 

There was mention of migration of the platform to the ESP32 platform, is that in the roadmap or just speculation?

Last communication from Nate is that it is in the works, but won't be ready "until next year".

Put me down for 2 units when the hardwired version becomes available! Wifi in the garage where my box lives is spotty, but my whole house patch panel is within inches. Not to add complexity to the feature request but POE would make a good thing even better.  You guys are doing cool stuff and I want to be a part of it.

Ethernet with POE would be the perfect solution.

Anyone look into this?

https://esp8266hints.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/adding-an-ethernet-port-to-your-esp-revisited/

Another vote for a hardwired internet connection option.

Hello guys, I'm new in opensource home automation but totally agree with you about!, I would never trust RF security and is definitely too easy to jam.
Looking around I've found this product:
https://numato.com/product/16-channel-ethernet-gpio-module-with-analog-inputs
Do you guys think could be an alternative in order to expand the GPIO on a Rpi runnig homeassitant in order to make an alarm system? If  so it could also help with wiring process in big building since with a single cat V cable it could transfer 16 sensor state to the main Rpi.

+1 for ethernet port vice wifi!

You need an ethernet connection.
What good is this product if I can render all of your sensors useless with the Jammer in my pocket?
Why would you create a wired solution crippled with a wireless uplink?
This is failure by Design.

I agree, we NEED an ethernet connected Konnected to match the same security that traditional alarm systems have using a hardwired phone line. But most households dont have a dedicated landline. When we stopped our landline service, our old alarm company come out and installed a cellular connection. Its more likely that a robber is going to have a cellular signal jammer (given more alarms connect that way) than a wifi jammer. 

Another vote for Ethernet!